As a digital marketing professional, you understand the importance of optimizing your marketing automation platform to ensure your campaigns run smoothly and effectively. HubSpot is a powerful marketing, sales, and service software that can transform the way you connect with your customers. But, to get the most out of this platform, it's crucial to periodically perform a HubSpot audit. A HubSpot audit involves reviewing your account's performance, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing changes to maximize results.
In this blog post, we'll walk you through the most important things to look for when doing a HubSpot audit, ensuring your platform is optimized for success.
Marketing Performance and Analytics
When conducting a HubSpot audit, start by reviewing your overall marketing performance. Analyze your analytics dashboard and focus on the key performance indicators (KPIs) that matter most to your organization. These may include:
- Website Traffic
- Conversion rates
- Leads generated
- Customer acquisition cost
- Return on investment
By examining these metrics, you can determine whether your marketing efforts are producing the desired results. If you notice any discrepancies or areas that need improvement, take action to optimize your campaigns and content.
Contact Database Health
Your contact database is the foundation of your marketing efforts. Therefore, it's essential to maintain a healthy and up-to-date database. As part of your HubSpot audit, consider the following:
- Duplicate contacts: Merge or delete duplicate contacts to improve database accuracy and avoid confusion.
- Inactive contacts: Identify contacts who have not engaged with your content in a long time and consider removing them or re-engaging them with targeted campaigns.
- Contact properties: Ensure that contact properties are consistently and accurately filled out. This will help you segment your audience effectively and personalize your marketing efforts.
Content is at the core of inbound marketing. To maximize your results, review your existing content and make necessary optimizations. Pay attention to the following:
- SEO: Ensure your content is optimized for search engines by including relevant keywords, meta descriptions, and header tags.
- Readability: Make sure your content is easy to read and understand. Use clear language, short paragraphs, and subheadings to break up large blocks of text.
- CTAs: Check that your calls to action (CTAs) are clear, compelling, and lead to relevant landing pages. This will help increase conversion rates.
- Content gaps: Identify topics or formats that may be missing from your content library and plan to create new content to fill these gaps.
Email marketing is a vital aspect of your inbound marketing strategy. When auditing your HubSpot account, review the following email marketing components:
- Deliverability: Ensure your emails are reaching your audience's inboxes by monitoring bounce rates, spam complaints, and sender reputation.
- Open and click-through rates: Analyze your open and click-through rates to determine the effectiveness of your subject lines and email content. If rates are low, test different subject lines or adjust your content to improve engagement.
- Segmentation: Check that your email lists are accurately segmented based on buyer personas, lifecycle stages, or other relevant criteria. Proper segmentation enables you to send more targeted and relevant content, increasing engagement.
- Automation: Review your automated email workflows to ensure they're functioning correctly and delivering the right content at the right time.
Landing Pages and Forms
Landing pages and forms are crucial for lead generation. During your HubSpot audit, assess the performance and optimization of these components:
- Conversion rates: Evaluate the conversion rates of your landing pages and forms to identify areas for improvement. Make necessary adjustments to page design, copy, or form fields to increase conversions.
- Mobile optimization: Ensure your landing pages and forms are mobile-optimized, providing a seamless experience for users on various devices. This is especially important as mobile usage continues to rise.
- Form fields: Review the number and type of form fields on your landing pages. Keep them to a minimum and only ask for essential information to reduce friction and increase conversion rates.
Integrations and Third-Party Tools
Integrations play a significant role in streamlining your marketing efforts and maximizing HubSpot's potential. As part of your audit, verify that your integrations are working as intended:
- Connectivity: Ensure that all third-party tools are properly connected to HubSpot and data is syncing correctly.
- Functionality: Test the functionality of integrated tools to ensure they are operating as expected and supporting your marketing efforts.
- Redundancies: Identify any redundant tools that may be costing you time and money. Consolidate or eliminate these tools to improve efficiency.
User Management and Permissions
To maintain security and control over your HubSpot account, it's essential to review user management and permissions:
- User roles: Ensure that users have the appropriate permissions based on their roles and responsibilities. Limit access to sensitive information and administrative settings to prevent unauthorized changes.
- Inactive users: Identify and remove users who no longer require access to your HubSpot account to maintain security.
- Training and support: Assess whether your team members have received adequate training on the platform and provide additional resources or support as needed
Performing a HubSpot audit is crucial for maintaining an optimized marketing automation platform that drives results. By reviewing your marketing performance, contact database health, content optimization, email marketing, landing pages, integrations, and user management, you can ensure your organization is getting the most out of HubSpot. Regular audits will help you stay ahead of the curve, adapt to changes in the digital landscape, and consistently deliver value to your customers.
If you are looking for a full-blown HubSpot Audit of your HubSpot instance, make sure to reach out.